About This Course
Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with and relates to other people around them. According to the National Autistic Society, autism affects about 700,000 people in the United Kingdom, which equates to 1 in 100 of the population and the number of children being diagnosed with the condition is continuing to increase.
This online Autism Awareness E-Learning course will provide you with an understanding of what autism is and how it affects a child’s daily life. The Autism Awareness online course will touch on what factors contribute to a child developing autism and some of the typical behaviours associated with it and how you can provide effective support for those with the condition. The online Autism Awareness course also discusses what happens during the diagnosis process, some of the intervention methods that can help manage the condition and suggests some simple adaptations you can make to improve a child with autism’s day to day life.
Having a knowledge of the typical behaviours and challenges associated with ASD can equip you to identify these and act in a supportive way.
CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Why choose this course
- Designed & developed by qualified professionals
- Fully online video instructed course
- Accredited by CPD
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet and smartphone-friendly
- Course content is structured for easy comprehension
- 24/7 access to the course
- Total flexibility and convenience from start to finish, with no strict deadlines imposed and no time-restriction
Total Course Duration
Approximate duration: 2-5 hours
- There is no particular entry requirement.
- This online Autism Awareness E-Learning course is aimed at people working in adult and child care environments. Those working in all areas of care may come into contact with people who has Autistic Spectrum Disorders ASD.
- Although the Autism Awareness online course focuses on children with autism, having an awareness of the condition and how best to provide support to someone with ASD will be of use to anyone who interacts with and cares for children and adults as part of their work.