About This Course
This online course covers a range of important topics related to mental health conditions that children and young people can experience and the many ways they can be offered support.
The Children and Young People’s Mental Health course starts by defining mental illness and mental health problems and their impact on children and young people.
There’s extensive coverage of the many types of mental illnesses found in this group, and how they can be recognised and treated.
This online Children and Young People’s Mental Health course will look at attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression and self-harm, and eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating.
Other mental illnesses covered include schizophrenia, autism, learning difficulties, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, panic disorder, sleep apnoea and social phobia.
Children and Young People’s Mental Health online course will discuss symptoms and causes – and the actions to take if you suspect someone has a mental health condition.
The online Children and Young People’s Mental Health course will discuss the role of mental healthcare professionals, such as a psychologists, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses or clinical social workers – and show how parents can become involved.
Treatments covered include psychotherapy, mindfulness, play therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and medication.
The Children and Young People’s Mental Health E-leaning course will deal with prognosis and prevention – and show how to promote positive mental health and dispel common myths.
Finally, you’ll learn practical techniques to help you talk to children or young people about their mental health.
Online training is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective. The candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training around their work and personal life.
CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves
This online Children and Young People’s Mental Health E-Learning course will provide candidates with an awareness of the signs and symptoms of a wide range of conditions and better prepare them to listen to and support young people.
Why choose this course?
- Designed & developed by qualified professionals
- Fully online video instructed course
- Accredited by CPD
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet and smartphone-friendly
- Course content is structured for easy comprehension
- 24/7 access to the course
- Total flexibility and convenience from start to finish, with no strict deadlines imposed and no time-restriction
Total Course Duration
Approximate duration: 2-5 hours
- No previous knowledge or skills are required
- No pre-requirements are needed before taking the course, other than an internet connection, a pen & paper for notes as well as an open mind & open heart!
- You will need to have a pdf reader program to download the worksheets.
- Desire to promote safety mental health in connection with the children and young people.
- Desire to boost your confidence in managing children and young people behavior challenges
- School Administrators
- Daycare Staff
- Children and Young people mental health