About This Course
The AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate In Bookkeeping course is a short qualification to help students develop essential bookkeeping skills. Once completed, they will have developed an understanding of basic accounting practices and techniques including double-entry bookkeeping. Awarded by the Association of Accounting Technicians is a course designed to ensure you obtain a sound knowledge of bookkeeping, developing the necessary practical skills to understand all areas of the subject. The course is ideally suited to a diverse range of people from school leavers to mature learners and career changers. Whether you wish to embark on a career in bookkeeping, expand your skills in your current role, become a self-employed bookkeeper, or a stepping stone to higher qualifications such as the AAT Accounting Technician accountancy qualification courses, the AAT level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping(AQ2016) teaches you the essential bookkeeping skills in both a flexible and affordable way.
Depending on your abilities, previous work experience and qualifications and your work and family commitments it can take 2 to 3 months to complete this course. Depending on the evidence of prior learning or work experience which proves certain skills and knowledge in computerised accounting and basic costing, students may even be able to progress straight to the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting course.
Depending on your abilities, previous work experience and qualifications and your work and family commitments it can take 2 to 3 months to complete this course
Bookkeeping Transactions (BTRN)
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions.
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences.
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes.
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book.
- Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book.
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance.
- Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals.
- Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal.
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book.
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies.
- Understanding the requirements of retention and storage relating to banking documents.
How to book AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping assessments:
The course is assessed mainly by means of two Computer Based Tests which are one and a half hours long each. These can be completed at any time during the year and there are AAT approved assessment centres available throughout the UK.
- Complete the assignments and practise exam to a good standard
- Make sure you feel confident and prepared to sit the exam
- Visit the AAT website and enter your postcode to locate an exam centre near to you
- Simply contact the exam centre and book your exam time and day
- At this point, you will need to pay the exam fee to the centre
- The exam centre will confirm the booking usually via post or email
- Turn up on the day take and pass the exam; you will receive your results immediately.
In the unlikely event, you fail your exam you will be able to try again on payment of another exam fee with the centre, Premier Training will continue to support you at no further cost for the term of the course.
On completion, you will be presented with a certificate from the AAT that you have successfully completed the level of the course.
Please note that you can enrol on this course at anytime.
Postage & Packaging for books (Monday to Friday Delivery) £17
Postage & Packaging for books (Saturday Delivery) £25
Additional fees to remember:
Please note that in order to achieve the AAT Bookkeeping qualification you will need to join the AAT as a student member. The following items are not included in your course fees:
AAT Admission Fee: £48
Examination Fees: Fees vary between approx. £60 – £85 per exam
For more information on the membership fees please see the following link:https://www.aat.org.uk/membership/fees
Secure Payment By PayPal
- Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- All students must be 16 years of age and above to enrol into our Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping